Friday 15 September 2017

One Way Or Another...Day 6: Crescent City to Fortuna

Due to excessive admin-faffing around, I set-off almost an hour late and managed to add extra minutes when I turned back to the motel because I was convinced that my gloves were left behind.
Turns out I had put them in my saddlebag. I don't think that I should be let out.

Anyway, it didn't take long before it was proper climbing time and my first glimpse of properly tall trees.

Quite an eye-opener at 8%...ouch!

Today's nonsense- a game of two halves.
Proper & tall!

Okay, okay- I *am* right!
The majority of the climbing was loaded towards the first half of today and bizarrely, that was the most enjoyable bit. This was because the rest of the day spent on Highway 101 was pretty unloveable, with a constant stream of fast traffic and loads of on-and-off ramps.

No complaints either, as I think that I've been a little spoiled in terms of the scenery and other road users so far.
No problem there, Chief!

One of the rare sightings of The Pacific today, despite never being too far from it.

Hmmmm...I'll pass.

That Goldfinger fella has gone too far this time.

Big stuff tomorrow, I hope!

That was on the second climb, taken looking East: difficult to say if that is smoke/haze or what?

A dodgy looking truck on a wedge of cheese. Welcome sign!

My favourite today.

Rolls in quick and yet it can be blue again in 10 mins or less...
Fair to say that the one time that you don't want to be trying to get through a town on a major transit route is Friday afternoon, and so it proved going through Eureka-ka-ka-ka! That said, this loon gave me a laugh...

I don't think that he realised that he was solo.

As Geraint Thomas remarked: "Some days you're the hammer...".
After a century, Fortuna rolled around and I eventually found my best motel yet- except for the platitudes, hah-hah!

Never mind all that- which direction is the brewhouse?

Brought to you in association with Hallmark.
 So I'd probably describe today as a transition stage: tomorrow should be a little more interesting!

Guess what? Yeah, you know what...the usual polite plea is coming-up: if you can spare a couple of Shekels for two great causes then please click HERE and have a great weekend!

You Strava 'fugess can point & laugh HERE.

The one remaining point of business? Why, it can only be T.O.T.D.!

No comments:

Post a Comment