Wednesday 13 September 2017

R.O.C.K. In The U.S.A.: Day 4...Yachats to Bandon

Up, up and away a little later again at 7.14am: this is how the slide starts so let's knock that on the head, please! It only took about an hour for the scenery to make you laugh out loud...still plenty chilly in the shade though.
Bit of a stretch getting up here, but well worth it.

Menu du jour, Rodney!

Forgotten the name of the bridge already. Old age, innit. Turns out it's Cook Chasm. Cheers Greg!

Immaculate surface and a shoulder! Oh, and there's some view or other...
Do. Not. Look. Right.
Fresh as!
At my breakfast stop, another couple of cyclists arrived: a pair of siblings from Austin. I asked the older one where he'd ridden; only from Texas to the East Coast, then through to Seattle, and then down the coast and then back to Austin!

He asked me what I was doing: I got nuthin', hah-hah!

Today's route shadowed the coastline but you only ever got rare glimpses of the surf as you were riding just slightly inland beside the dunes, and sometimes climbing up and down through forests. There wasn't much time when the road wasn't either going up or down.
So would you be too, if people kept slating your millinery and reliance on FX pedals...

Immaculate!

Not quite as immaculate but it'll do...

Ocean is just over that sandcastle.

Tried to offer myself up there: got knocked-back, hah-hah!

The very sign that signifies sweating'n'swearing ahead...
I certainly felt the last 10 miles or so: at least until the relatively flat run-in to Bandon when I spied an 'America By Bicycle' van pulled over. I did likewise and said hello to one of their Tour staff, Pam.

These are the guys who took me across the US in 2011, and coincidentally they started their 2017 West Coast tour the same day as me, but about 160 miles south. Later on, we did meet-up for a beer and pizza and it was great to catch-up, literally.
Pam, Dan, Mike, Karen, dunno and Pam. Cheers!
Okay, it's time to post the inevitable link, hah-hah! If you can spare anything for Bloodwise & The British Legion, please click HERE!

For Strava saddos, please click on this bit...

The only remaining bit of business is Tune Of The Day: this popped into my head earlier and that was it for the day, hah-hah!



No comments:

Post a Comment