Friday 22 September 2017

Day (Off) Tripper...Carmel By The Sea

After a slightly er, disrupted sleep due to er, falling asleep whilst compiling yesterday's blog, I thought it might be a Good Idea to get up and use the local laundromat to restore a semblance of freshness back to my wardrobe. And lo, there was cheering in California, hah-hah!
After a short struggle I managed to get them in the machine. Time & Tide waits etc...

Whilst that was in progress it was back to the hotel for breakfast...

And then to finish off the drying process!
Due to the now fluid nature of the rest of the trip, I still had to decide on tomorrow's destination, how I was going to get there (yeah, try cycling) and which motel to stay in. Minor details, I know: took ages trying to sort it but eventually managed to  snag the last room in a one-horse town about 115 miles away. It'll be a bit of a culture shock compared to the last two days, hah-hah!
I don't want to leave!
Apart from that bit of admin, the rest of the day was frittered away quite pleasantly strolling around town, people-watching. And let me assure you, there was no end of material...
At a Dr. Seuss gallery...

You're looking around $800 for a bar of Old Jamaica!
My day was made when I saw this absolutely mint Shelby Mustang GT500KR: as rare as rocking horse manure and a joy to behold. Carmel, you did not let me down!
Blimey.
 I thought that I should show some sort of willing, so took the bike out for a short spin: just down the coast a little...
Okay, this gives me an excuse to return some time. Maybe...

As fresh as you want.
 With that done and dusted, the last order of business was to get out into the town again and find a place for dinner that wouldn't require a guarantee from the IMF. Italiano again, and it was a delight! The bonus ball was that my server was a ringer for Silvio from 'The Sopranos': and no, I didn't have the bottle to ask for a photo!
An IPA from Chicago, I believe. Cheers!
A ridiculous place. Don't believe me? Okayyyy...

"My human doesn't validate me."
"How does that make you feel?"
"Ruff!"
The fundraising side of things is going great guns- you've raised almost £2000! A big thank you of course, and also to the anonymous donor. Mind you, if you don't leave your name then I can't ever vaguely promise to buy you a thank-you drink which I will undoubtedly renege on, hah-hah!

So to help The Royal British Legion and Bloodwise, please click HERE!

Please do yourselves a favor/favour and listen to these newcomers: I reckon they've got something...

No comments:

Post a Comment